Calvert County, Maryland, Law Firm
Our firm was established in 1988 as Clagget & Upton. Since then, several of our lawyers have been named to the bench or honored with other appointments, requiring a new name and the addition of new attorneys. Although we have changed in a number of ways since our founding, we continue our commitment to be responsive to our clients' needs and concerns and to exceed our client’s expectation in all that we do.
Our Attorneys and Staff
Our position as one of the largest law firms in Southern Maryland has allowed us to organize our attorneys and staff into specific legal Practice Groups. We like to think of it as having several “firms within the firm,” with everyone practicing pursuant to the high standards of Davis, Upton, Palumbo & Dougherty, LLC. Each of our lawyers and staff is experienced within their practice area and our goal is for each attorney within our Practice Groups to be the leader within their specific field. We use our experience and detailed knowledge of the law to analyze client problems effectively and develop creative solutions that meet their needs.
Most of our attorneys and staff are Maryland natives and understand the values and goals of our clients. We share our time, knowledge and resources with charitable and educational organizations throughout the region. Our community involvement reflects our concern for the places where we live and work.
To learn more about our staff and attorneys, contact us at (410) 535-1780.
Our Mission is to Exceed Your Expectations in all that we do. Most of our new clients come from referrals from existing clients. We consider this the best type of advertising and a true testament to the level of service we provide.
We are a general practice law firm, offering individuals, families and businesses the legal representation they need, whatever their stage in life. This includes:
- Personal Injury. This area of the practice includes car accidents, wrongful death cases, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, boating and personal watercraft (PWC)/Jet Ski accidents, medical malpractice and workers’ compensation/on-the-job injuries.
- Criminal Defense. We defend people against charges involving drug possession, drug distribution, and drug paraphernalia offenses, traffic violations, DWI/DUI, theft, burglary, sex offenses, and other misdemeanor and felony cases.
- Family and Domestic Matters. Family law includes divorce, visitation, custody and child support, alimony, domestic violence and protective orders.
- Estate Planning and Probate. We draft wills, powers of attorney, advanced directives (living wills), revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, and handle all types of probate matters. The Estate Planning and Probate Practice Group also advises our clients on methods of preserving or protecting their assets in the event of death or disability.
- Real Estate. We handle all types of real estate matters, including land use and zoning, construction law and residential real estate. We represent most of the Southern Maryland banks and handle complex commercial transactions.
- Corporate and Business law. Our practice includes corporation and limited liability company formation, contracts review and drafting, and transactional work involving buying and selling a business.
- Bankruptcy. We represent individuals and families who are struggling with a financial crisis and may need to seek counsel regarding debt relief options. Either through Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the bankruptcy code, we help people resolve their financial crisis and move on with their lives. We are a debt relief agency.
To learn more about our law firm and the legal representation we offer, contact our Prince Frederick office. Call us at (410) 535-1780.