The Legal Minute

Davis Upton Palumbo, LLC House Exceeding Expectations

Are Your Interview Questions Appropriate?

This week, Denise Bowman explains how to ensure your interview questions don’t result in a claim against your company. It is important to carefully consider all of your interview questions when looking for a new employee. The best-intended questions can get you in trouble if you are not aware of the state, local and federal laws that regulate the questions prospective employers can ask…. Read More

What to Know About Adult Guardianship

What is Adult Guardianship? Adult Guardianship is a formal legal process where the court appoints an individual to act on behalf of a disabled person, property or sometimes both. A qualified licensed professional makes the decision to determine if the handicapped person is no longer capable of making medical or manage their financial assets for them self. There can be no other alternative to… Read More

What is Underinsured or Uninsured Motorist Coverage?

What is Underinsured or Uninsured Coverage? This week, Mark J. Palumbo explains Underinsured and Uninsured Coverage. When reviewing your auto insurance policy, it is important to understand that your coverage can vary based on your policy. Uninsured coverage protects you from drivers that have no insurance. On the other hand, Underinsured coverage helps protect you if you are hit by another driver that does… Read More

Meet Denise Bowman

About Denise Bowman Denise Bowman has been a practicing attorney for over 25 years. She is licensed in the state of Maryland and the District of Columbia. Denise made her transition to Davis, Upton & Palumbo, LLC in 2016 when she decided she wanted to work in the community where she has lived with her husband, raised a family and where all of her… Read More

What is a Suspended Sentence?

What is a Suspended Sentence? During criminal cases, often times a judge will impose a suspended sentence. A suspended sentence is an opportunity for a judge to impose a sentence but not make the person serve that full amount of time. Example A common example of a suspended sentence is when someone is charged with a DWI. If the max penalty for a DWI… Read More

How Can I Change a Will?

How Can you Change a Will? When you need to change your will, there are a few ways that you can accomplish your goal depending on your circumstances. Execute a New Will The first way you can change your will is to execute a new will. If the changes to be made are major, it would be advisable to make an entirely new will… Read More